Saturday, January 31, 2009

Points FAIL

Today got off track. I started innocently enough with a balanced, 5-point breakfast. When I returned home after my facial (aaaah, facial...reverie), I was very hungry for lunch, but we didn't really have anything prepared. So I ate the frozen samosa and a glob of hummus and some spinach and some tortilla chips, but the store had been out of baked ones so G. bought regular. (Incidentally, they tasted greasy to me. It's interesting how the palate adjusts.)

Then I remembered that the liquer I'd made was ready today! And it was fabulous, smooth and slightly sweet with a nice coffee flavor and a hint of orange on top! And I kept sipping on it, going back for more...and a little more...and oh, just another sip...

MIL and her partner were visiting and wanted to see the famous Cheese Shop. And there I bought parmesan twists, these wonderful, crunchy, strong-flavored swirls of bread and cheese. And the MIL and Partner bought three cheeses which we then tried. Then we went for dinner. I ate a rather large dessert. And I came home and sipped more liquer and munched more parmesan twists.

Now, none of this was bad food. It was great food! It was, however, too much of a good thing. The rich foods need to be treats sprinkled here and there, not the mainstream of nutrition. Also, these calorie-dense foods? Ironically, not so filling, which is why I kept eating more of them. No matter. It was enjoyable, and tomorrow is a new day.

I will save some points for more liquer, however.

No comments: