Friday, January 2, 2009

First Purchase of 2009

Yesterday I stopped at Walmart for the first time since July 1, 2006* and purchased a hot air corn popper. Walmart is evil; I know this. However, they carry the popper deemed best by Slate.com, and it happened to be on sale for $15.

I love this thing already. The corn comes out lighter and fluffier--not to mention reduced-calorier--than oil-popped, but without the artificial flavor and stench of microwave popcorn. Plus, the popping process makes a lot of satisfying noise.

I'm eager to get some kelp and nutritional yeast to sprinkle on my popcorn. I enjoyed this combination once when living in Santa Fe (a hippie haven), and I'm going to test whether it lives up to my heavenly memories.



*Our wedding date, when I had to pick up underwear for my soon-to-be husband, who had forgotten to pack any. Walmart was the only show in town.

No comments: