Saturday, March 7, 2009

I think I'm in love with Ellie Krieger.

Ellie Krieger is a Food Network host (watch out--video with sound at that link), cookbook author, and registered dietitian. She is a registered dietitian who actually likes food. She understands that we have taste buds and texture buds, that we crave sweet and creamy and should therefore eat sweet and creamy. Best of all, she chooses real food over processed crap. Like me, she would rather eat real mayonnaise and real whipped cream, but watch the portions, than to resort to corn-syrup-additive-fake reduced-fat mayo and light whipped topping.

Her cookbook just arrived in the mail. I tried her pancakes with strawberry syrup this morning, and they are wonderful: everything a pancake should be, but without needing a nap afterwards.

I want to try her hot cocoa recipes RIGHT NOW, but I'm full.

No comments: