Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Goodbye, Plateau Town. Hello, Processed Food Cycle.

Good news! I've lost another 2.4 lbs., which means that I have 1. shaken free of my plateau, and 2. lost 5% of my original body weight in total!

But today was Not a Great Eating Day. Because I had to do the week's grocery shopping AND get to my WW meeting after a long, sleep-deprived school day, I ate a McDonald's cheeseburger for dinner. Ironically, I ate the junk food short-term in order to support my longer-term goals for the week.

If it had stopped at a cheeseburger, that would be no big deal. It seems, however, that I can get into a Processed Food Cycle. Something about the taste of the McSpaceFood makes me crave more processed nonsense. Which means that, since the WW meeting, I have eaten two pieces of string cheese, a granola bar, and the better part of a bag of baked cheese puffs. Cheese puffs! I mean, what the hell?

However: What you do next is more important than what you did last. Tomorrow I will start over, with the fridge and cupboards stocked with real food.

2 comments:

Narya said...

I think it's the taste, yes, but also that it doesn't end up being very fulfilling, in some important way, so we crave more of it.

But yay for the loss!!

kStyle said...

YES--good point.