Friday, February 27, 2009

Pilates hurts. And bones.

I love my Pilates DVD, I do. The thing that kills me is the inner thigh exercises. No other exercises I've encountered isolate those inner thighs like Pilates. Help me now.

It's good, though. Satisfying.

In other news, I've lately been startled to notice my own bones. If I scratch my dry winter skin, sometimes I'll feel a rib where there was just flesh before, or more spinal details than usual. It's odd, feeling one's body shift in subtle but definite ways. I think a person might subconsciously resist weight loss because s/he is accustomed to his/her body. Having this thing we identify as "self" shift and change is somewhat unnerving. Who is this beneath my clothes? This is not what I identify as "me."

Of course, when the weight loss is deliberate, it's a nice kind of surprise.

PS Had to buy a belt to keep my jeans up today.

No comments: